Kiran Mazumdar Shaw BIOCON- Case Study | 2022: “ I really believe that entrepreneurship is about being able to face failure, manage failure and success after failing…”
Welcome to Vision News Point,
“THERE IS NO FORCE MORE POWERFUL THAN A WOMAN DETERMINED TO RISE.”
• She is a woman of vision. A woman with desires. She is an Indian billionaire entrepreneur who tries to learn every single day. She built her own possession from starting. She is none other than Kiran Mazumdar Shaw; A woman inspiring millions of budding Woman empowerment.
Also Read: Solve Sleeping Problems Naturally – Solution and Causes
• Here is the case study about a self-made billionaire who values hard work, perseverance, and dedication. Known for breaking all the barriers, one who worked hard to achieve her goals, is currently the chairperson and managing director of one of the leading biopharmaceutical companies in the world and Biocon Limited . And to enhance global healthcare through innovative and affordable biopharmaceuticals.
- Name: Kiran Mazumdar Shaw
- Date of birth: 23 march 1953 A.D
- Age : 68
- Profession: Entrepreneur, biologist, scientist, Writer and author
- Titles earned: Queen of biotech
- Source of Wealth: biopharmaceuticals, Self Made
- Residence : Bangalore, India
- Citizenship :India
- Collage/University: Bangalore University / Melbourne University
- Education: Bachelor of Arts/Science, Bangalore University, Master of Science, Melbourne University
- Marital Status : Married
- Net-worth: 390 crores USD
- Husband : John Shaw “Entrepreneur & vice -chair person of Biocon ”
- Parents: Rajendra Mazumdar “Brew master (develops brands, recipes, and collaborations) at united breweries(UB group)”.
How actually she started their Journey with BIOCON
• Since childhood she to become a doctor but could not obtain a scholarship and was disappointed with it at that time ,her father was mentor and suggested her to pursue bachelors in Zoology from Bangalore.
• Her father motivated to pursue her career in Brewery as she was interested in bio science.
• After competition her graduation at age of 21 her father sent her Australia to study fermentation science.
• Kiran was only girl in her class while pursuing her master in Australia.
• After returning from Melbourne she got her certification in brewery(makes and sells beer).
• Very difficult to get job as a Brew master in India due to gender inequality.
• She get chance to meet with The founder of Biocon biochemicals limited (Leslie Auchincloss).her life was changed.
• She started Biocon in 1978, with an investment of Rs.10,000,as company for woman scientists to pursue a vacation.
• She started Biocon with manufacturing papain, with the technology imported from Ireland. In 1979 Biocon became the first Indian company to manufacture and export enzymes to US and Europe.
• Biocon Limited is an Indian biopharmaceutical company that is based in Bangalore, India founded by Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw.
• The company manufactures generic active pharmaceutical ingredients that are sold in over 120 countries across the globe, including the developed markets of the United States and Europe.
• Today Biocon has annual annual revenues of $487 millions, with partners in over 100 countries.
Product Portfolio OF BIOCON’s
A) Small Molecules
• Anti Diabetic Agent
• Anti Oxidant
• EPO (Erythropoeitin)
C) Dosage from Cardio Diabetes Range
D) Product Range
• Food actives
E) End use Industries
How Did Biocon become famous ??
•2003 – Biocon becomes the first company worldwide to develop human insulin on a Pichia expression system.
•2006 – BIOMAB EGFR (Injection), first indigenously developed humanised monoclonal antibody for head-and-neck cancer was launched and DR. APJ Abdul Kalam inaugurates India’s Largest Biotech-Hub “Biocon Park”.
•2014 – Biocon launches world’s first biosimilar drug CANMAB to treat breast cancer.
• India’s largest producer and exporter of enzymes.
• First Indian company to manufacture and export enzymes to USA and Europe.
• Sets up India’s first clinical research organization, Clinigene (2000).
• First Indian company to be approved by US FDA for the manufacture of lovastatin, a cholesterol-lowering molecule (2001).
• Padma Bhushan
• Padma Shri
• Entrepreneur of the year, Life Science and health care, 2022
Inspiration from Her
• Confidence is key.
• Entrepreneurship is about to face failure.
• Failure is step of success.
• Always follow your passion.
• Self belief a sense of purpose.
Learn from her:
“The Quintessence of hard work ,dedication and honesty”
Also Read: Biography Sunita Dangol – Deputy Mayor of Kathmandu Metropolitan City | 2022
Also Read: The Death Story of a Sushant Singh Rajput in 2021